We are committed to protecting your privacy and any information you share with us! Our goal is to keep your personal information as private and secure as possible. When you make a purchase from our site, you provide your name, email address, credit card information, address, phone number, and a password. We use this information to process your orders, to keep you up-to-date on those orders, and to personalize your shopping experience. Our servers protect your information using industry best practices including state of the art encryption and firewall technologies.
Users may be asked for, as appropriate, name, email address, mailing address, phone number or credit card information. We will collect this type of personal information only if it is voluntarily submitted.
Like many websites, our site uses "cookies." Cookies are small data files placed on a user's browser or device by a website. These files contain an identifier that allows a website to recognize you when you visit. They do not contain any personal information.
Payment & Orders
We accept the following methods of payment online: Visa, MasterCard, American Express, Discover and Merchandise Credits. Please note that we don't accept cash, personal checks, or money orders for online purchases. We also don't ship orders C.O.D. We ship to all U.S. states, territories, APOs and FPOs. For further information on international shipping, contact Customer Service at 304-487-6700.
Placing An Order Online
At the end of your checkout process, you'll see a confirmation page notifying you that your order is being processed. We encourage you to print this message for your records. When you’ve completed checking out online, you will receive an email confirmation of your order. You can check the status of your order by visiting the "Order Status" section at the bottom of the website. Your order will normally ship within 24 hours.
Placing An Order By Phone
To order by phone, call Customer Service at 304-487-6700.
Sales Tax Information
We are required by law to collect state sales tax on orders being shipped to the following state - WV. Sales tax will be assessed on the total purchase*, including shipping/handling charges (as required) and gift-wrap services. If you have questions regarding sales tax, please feel free to contact Customer Service at 304-487-6700.
Order Totals & Backorder Charges
The order total on your checkout page includes all items ordered, plus shipping and handling, discounts, coupons and any applicable taxes charged. Sometimes the invoice total included in your package may vary if an item becomes unavailable or goes on backorder. Taxes, shipping and handling or charges are adjusted according to the actual items shipped. Your credit card will only be charged for the items that are shipped.
Check the offer disclaimers carefully. Sometimes only specific colors or sizes are offered at reduced prices. If you believe you haven’t received the correct price on a product, please contact Customer Care or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance within 7 days of your purchase. Please note that there are certain items where discounts do not apply. You can find these product exclusions on the product description pages.
The Sewing Gallery uses USPS postal service for all orders. Orders are packed and shipped Monday-Friday. Most orders are shipped within 24 hours from the order date. Orders placed on the weekend and select holidays are processed on the next business day. For international shipping, please contact Customer Service at 304-487-6700. We can take international orders over the phone or by email. International customers are responsible for any customs, duty charges, or taxes. International packages are sent by USPS postal service and are based on the order weight. We strive to send packages by the best rate possible.
Shipping & Handling Charges
Our domestic shipping and handling charges are based on your merchandise total prior to order discounts.
- Standard: 5-7 business days (10-12 business days for Alaska, Hawaii, and APO/FPO) -- $9.00-$16.00
- 2 Day: 2 business days -- $28.00-$36.00
*MAY BE SUBJECT TO CHANGE WITHOUT NOTICE*
For any additional questions please contact Customer Service at 304-487-6700, or via email at email@example.com. We are always happy to help. Inquiries are generally returned within 24 hours.
Returns & Exchanges
Any returns must be made within 30 days of the date of purchase. Please call The Sewing Gallery before returning any items so that we will know to expect it. Item must be in saleable condition.
All returns should be in the original condition and packaging and have no smoke odor to them. **Cut yardage and copyrighted materials (books, pattern and software) cannot be returned. Items sold on sale are final sale. Since they are offered at a deep discount, we will not refund these items.
Customer pays for return shipping. Your credit card will be credited for the returned item only. In the unlikely event of packing errors or damaged merchandise, please call The Sewing Gallery immediately and we will work out the details on a case by case basis.
Class Information & Policy
Class Fees and Supplies
- Remember to register early – class size is limited! Class pre-registration and pre- payment is a must. You are not considered registered until the class fee is paid.
- The class fee does not include supplies or materials for the class unless noted.
- Please come prepared for class. All supplies should be purchased in advance as items may be out of stock on the day of class. It is strongly suggested that you purchase your class supplies at The Sewing Gallery to ensure you have the proper items. We appreciate your support.
- There are dedicated ironing stations throughout the classroom. If you bring a personal iron they must be 300 watts or less.
- Patterns, books, and handouts cannot be shared or reproduced due to copyright laws and may not be returned once purchased.
The cancellation policy for national instructors and special events/workshops/retreats:
- There will be a $25 non-refundable fee for any cancellations that are made at least 30 days prior to the first day of the event; a store credit will be issued for the balance.
- For cancellations within 30 days of the first day of the event there will be no refunds unless we have a class wait list and can find someone to fill your spot.
The cancellation policy for local instructor classes:
- If you cannot attend a class and it is 7 or more days before class, you will receive a store credit.
- If you cancel less than 7 days before class, you will not receive a refund or store credit.
- No credit or refund will be given for a "no show" in class regardless of reason.
- The Sewing Gallery reserves the right to cancel classes/events for any reason. If this happens, you will be refunded your full class/event fee.
- The Education Center opens 30 minutes before classes as well as any demo sessions. The Education Center will open at the opening time listed in the details of the event.
- Class attendees are encouraged to arrive at least 15 minutes prior to the start of the class/workshop to set up their machines, etc., and should come prepared with all supplies listed on the class supply list.
- Please do not wear perfume or scented products to class due to allergies of others.
- Cell phones should be silenced or set on vibrate. If you need to use your cell phone, please leave the classroom to do so.
- Classes, workshops and events are designed only for those registered. As a courtesy to all, please no children or visitors in class.
- We encourage you to bring a sack lunch for long classes; a refrigerator is available for your convenience.
- All drinks in the classroom must be in glasses/bottles with tight fitting lids.
- The Education Center will be closed and locked 30 minutes after the conclusion of classes.
To get the most from your experience, the following suggestions are offered:
- Obtain the required supplies and do any pre-class preparation that is required.
- Be on time. Plan to arrive at least 15 minutes before class start time to set up.
- Be familiar with your sewing machine; it is not the teacher’s responsibility to instruct you on how your machine works.
- Be sure your machine is in good working order; brush out the dust bunnies from the bobbin case and insert a new needle. Remember the foot pedal and power cord!
Thank you for signing up for a class at The Sewing Gallery!